Monday, April 4, 2016

4 April 2016

Ola familia! I just started writing this letter in portuguese and then realized it was not english and started over, so i guess that is progress. Portuguese is getting a lot better, but this is the first week i think my english is getting worse, so i apologize. yesterday was my 2 month mark! earlier this week i had my first divisions with the sister leader trainors in Cruz Alta. It was a 3 hour bus ride and then we spent the night and I got to see my friend from the CTM so that was good. My ward is small and the people are really nice. It is funny, in relief society all the women sing an octave lower than we are used to and it sounded like priesthood class from outside the door. 

I got to watch general conference (only in portuguese) and it was amazing! Except the power went out during the saturday afternoon session for a while. Apparently there is something about a new section in D&C?? can someone please explain this to me (in englsih please)? The new temple in Belem Brasil is close to where my companion is from and she was really excited. I liked how simple the talks were and how a lot of them focused on the gospel basics that missionaries teach every day, it is always important to re-learn the basics of the gospel. Mom, my favorite talk was also Elder Hollands, I especially liked how he said to never let satan make you think that you can´t progress and improve. Only he can´t progress and he wants to make everyone miserable like unto himself. I also liked how he said that God loves US with all HIS heart, might, mind, and strength. It is comforting to know that no matter what, no matter how many times you mess up, God will always love us unconditionally. We can´t do anything that will make Him not love us anymore. I also really liked Paul V. Johnson´s talk about how all of our infirmaties, physical, and emotional, are already cured. Because of Christ, we will be resurrected with perfect bodies, with all certainty. Mom, i got your package, thank you so much! there was no fee to pick it up. Love you all, tchau!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment