Monday, March 28, 2016

28 March 2016

Oi family! I will start by answering some questions from last time. Dad: I had 2 flights to get here, first to Porto Alegre which was 2 hours and then about an hour and a half to santa maria which is a tiny one room airport with no security and a little empty parking lot right outside it was kind of funny. Amy: unfortuintely I will not be able to go to the temple during my mission. Kate: I am making LOTS of great friends inlcuding my awesome companion! I have the best, sweetest, funniest companion. She is from a cool city in the Amazons called Manaus which is surrounded by the Amazon river. I am trying to teach her some enlish and she wants to open a brasilian restaurant in the US one day. By the way the food here is so good and I eat so much of it, you might not recognize me when i come home. Portuguese is fine, but I don´t undertstand it and speak it well enought to participate in a lot of conversations with memebers and investigators, so it is a little frustrating, but its to be expected. I had no idea it was already easter time untill Mom´s email last week. I guess I just kind of expected time to freeze in February while I am here but I can´t believe it is already spring there. But happy Easter everyone! I watched the church´s new easter video in portuiguese yesterday which was good so I imagine it is pretty good in english but I liked how it said we can find a new life through the atonement. Not only will we be resurrected and live again after this life but we can find a  new life heare and now and start fresh every single day by letting Chrst take our burdens away from us and just trying to be better. It was really hot and sunny my first week and then it went straight to cold and rainy this week. We have a few porgressing investigators which is good, 2 of which are these adorable 11 year old kids that are really awesome and funny and their mom and grandma are somewhat interested too. Daniel: congrats on the internship! Wow! Idaho! You will have to tell me all about that. Mom and Grandma I hope you had fun in Illinois! I miss and love you all! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment