Tuesday, September 20, 2016

12 September 2016

Bom dia!!

how are you all doing?? I am glad to hear about all the fun things happening at home. I am excited to hear next week if I have a new niece! I hope everything goes well, Amy and Nathan and I am praying for you all. 

This week was eventful, the branch ahd a master chef activity that went great. It was like a cooking competition and us missionaries, experts in food tasting, were the judges. Angelita came and we are still workign with her on getting married. But she is progressing and making freinds in the church which is great. We also foudn a lday named Tersinha that has childrent hat were baptized and she is very interested. She said that when she passed the church one day during the week she had a strong desire just to enter. We are working hard to find these people that are being prepared.

Wow I am glad you all are so excited to hear about the surprise! Here it is: This weekend we all traveled to Santa Maria for a conference with the entire mission together with Elder Neil L. Anderson. It was such an amazing opportunity to meet and be instructed by a servant of the Lord. I can honestly say that it was one of the most powerful and spiritual experiences I have ever had. He focused on repentance and the Atonement of Christ and what it really means to be converted. That we have to feel a bit of the wieght of our sins to the point where we want to call upon God and change. I will never forget the testimony and witness that he bore of Jesus Christ, that He lives and the day will come when we will all kneel at His feet. I will never forget the powerful spirit that filled the room at the end when 250 missionaries sang the hymn ``I know that My Redeemer Lives´´ with all our hearts. By the end of the hymn eveyone was crying and hardly able to sing and all you could hear in the closing prayer were people sniffling. 

I want to bear my testimony to you all that I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He is the son of God, our savior, and our king. I know that He payed the price for our sins, that he gave up His life on the cross, and that He was resurrected 3 days later. I know that He will come again in his glory and we will all kneel before His feet. I know that We have a living prophet and 12 apostles today that are special witnesses of Him and that they hold the essencial keys of the Priesthood. I know that this is the one and only true church of Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 






No comments:

Post a Comment